Reaper DAW, Digital Audio Workstation
REAPER is a fully featured professional Digital Audio Workstation Software, a complete multi-track Audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment. Unfortunatly it is not completely free but the evaluation version is fully functional and you can work with it until you will decide to register it.
You can record audio and MIDI from multiple inputs at the same time and edit sound recordings in almost any imaginable way, one of the best feature is that all the editing and effects are non-destructive and it is shipped with tons of audio and MIDI processing effects. It is also completely compatible with almost all VST, AU, or DirectX plug-ins..
REAPER can run on nearly any modern computer, it is very lightweight, easy to install and fast to get running. Use whatever audio device you have available, from cheap on-board audio all the way up to professional audio interfaces.
REAPER will use as much hardware as you can throw at it, there are no practical limits on hardware I/O, MIDI devices, control surfaces, track counts, or plug-in delay compensation, REAPER is a modern and technologically advanced platform for recording and mixing.
REAPER is one of the best DAW available.
- Drag and drop to import, arrange, and render
- Freely mix audio, MIDI, video, still image media on any track
- Easily move, split, glue, resize, trim, loop, time stretch, pitch shift, fade, crossfade, slip, snap to grid, without switching tools
- Intuitive zoom, scroll, scrub, jog, tab to audio transient, MIDI navigation
- Simple and powerful nested folder system allows group editing, routing, bussing, all in one step
- Full automation recording, playback, and editing support for track controls and plug-ins
- Easily manage tempo, time signature, and varispeed changes
- Separate audio or MIDI into freely arrangeable takes and lanes for easy comping
- Easily copy or move regions, to quickly try out alternate arrangements
- Insert almost any third-party audio or MIDI plug-in: VST, VSTi, DX, DXi, AU (OSX only), JS
- Native bridging and firewalling: run Win32 plug-ins in REAPER x64, maximize RAM utilization, protect against plug-in crashes
- ReWire (audio and MIDI) any capable application for even more flexibility
- Fully automatic plug-in delay compensation (PDC)
- Sidechain any plug-in, even if the plug-in does not natively support sidechaining
- Apply FX in real time, or non-destructively render FX output
- Real-time network FX processing: use other local machines as an FX farm
64-bit ReaPlugs Suite
- Unlimited multiband EQ with draggable nodes
- Graphical FFT EQ/dynamics processing
- Technical and multiband compression
- Flexible, open-format convolution reverb
- Real-time pitch correction, with Elastique 2 Pro built in
- Multitap delay, basic synthesizer, sample player, vocoder, algorithmic reverb, and more
- Special-use plug-ins to virtualize outboard hardware, stream audio, connect to NINJAM servers, and more
- Includes the JSFX audio and midi plug-in scripting engine, and hundreds of user-programmable effects
- REAPER starts and loads fast – be ready to record in just a few seconds
- Portable – put REAPER in your pocket and run it from a USB key or other removable media
- Tightly coded – installer is only a few MB, updates can be installed in less than a minute
- Rapid, efficient development – new features and optimizations are added quickly and often
- Very active, enthusiastic, and helpful user forum, get help quickly
- Fantastic and readable user-created user guide
- An honest business model that aims to provide the best possible user experience
Choose Your Difficulty Level
Tame complex projects by dragging any image file to any track or track control panel to create fast visual cues.
Plug-in controller mappings can be saved as default for automatic recall when the track or plug-in is focused — get the most out of a single controller.
Audio items can auto-crossfade when they overlap, or not. Set the VU meter ranges, looping behavior, automation return speed, tab-to-transient sensitivity, even the audio vs. graphics thread priority.
Reaper in action