Tunefish Synth, a tiny synth born from the demoscene for FREE!
WHAT IS THIS?
Tunefish is a very tiny virtual analog synthesizer, it’s a project owned by the demoscene group Brain Control and it was originally developed to acompany real time 3d animations with music, which are then presented at computer art festivals called demoparties. If you are interested in such subject you can visit Brain Control’s website.
Tunefish is developed to fit into about 10kb of compressed machine code while still producing an audio quality that can compete with commercial synthesizers.
This plugin, unlike the version of TF (=Tunefish) which is used in 64k intros of the group Brain Control is of course larger, mainly because of its graphical user interface.
TF is an ongoing project under active development so if you have any comments or wishes, please let the authors know. Also, if you make some music with it or create soundbanks you’re more than welcome to share them with the authors on the Tunefish page at KVR Audio.
TF v4 was developed as a smaller replacement of TF v3 with roughly the same power.
To open it up to a broader range of people, it was also ported over to Linux and MacOS and it was given a new polished UI.
- Available on Windows and Linux as VST (32 and 64 bit), on Mac as Audio Unit or VST (Universal binary)
- Improved UI compared to TF3 which will visualize all modulations
- Uses an additive synthesis based wavetable generator
- The Noise generator can produce any frequency of noise with any bandwidth
- Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass and an improved Notch filter are available
- 2 ADSRs and 2 LFOs you can link to pretty much any important knob with a modulation matrix
- Supported effects are Flanger, Chorus, Distortion, Delay, Reverb, EQ and Formant
- The effects stack allows for any permutation of up to 10 effects
If you like TF then please consider donating. Development of tunefish costs mainly time however there is also some money involved for paying software licenses and webserver. Any amount of money is appreciated and will go directly into further development of the synth, so head to the Tunefish website and donate!
TUNEFISH V4 DEMOSONGS
Stay tuned and subscribe if you like to be notified when new stuff is available!. Also don’t forget to share this article on social media!
If you like to donate and help me to bring more stuff click below