MusE : The Open Source Sequencer
MusE is a very interesting MIDI/Audio sequencer with advanced recording and editing capabilities. Originally written by Werner Schweer and now developed, and maintained, by the MusE development team.
It is a very capable software and the team behind this project is very active.
Here is a list of the features set :
- Realtime record/playback
- Midi file import/export
- Midi part, as used in the arranger, import/export
- Input filter
- Midi editing with : Piano roll, Drum editor, List view, Score editor
- Internal synth plugins including : Fluidsynth soundfont (sf2) capable softsynth, Deicsonze FM synth emulating DX11
- Standardized synth plugin formats: DSSI, VST, LV2
- Support for multi channel synths
- External synth support both hardware and software
- Midi transformer
- Midi editing plugin support
- Realtime Record/Playback several mono/stereo inputs/outputs.
- Graphical editing of automation
- Several types of audio tracks : Audio inputs, Audio outputs, Wave tracks, Group tracks, Aux outputs
- Standardized plugin formats: LADSPA, DSSI, VST, LV2
- Drag and drop import and arranging of : Plugins and plugin presets, Parts, Midi files, Audio files, Aux outputs
As you can see MusE is a features rich application and it’s completely free!
MusE is available only for Linux, you can download the full source code if you wish to compile them on your Linux box, or you can download DEB and RPM packages..