Autore Topic: [INFO&PREVIEW] Spunti, informazioni MorphOS2.x in futuro.  (Letto 7627 volte)

Offline divina

• Synthetic Voodoo
    • Mostra profilo
In questi giorni su MorphZone due sviluppatori di MorphOS2.x hanno fronito qualche informazione in piĆ¹ in merito alla attuale, prossime a breve, future versioni di MorphOS2.x, in merito all' hardware supportato:

Q: What hardware will be for MorphOS in the future?
A: It won't be any custom hardware produced in tiny batches, that's for sure.
As for timetables, we won't make any. What would be the point if we don't know in advance how much time getting somewhere will take? We've had MorphOS working on laptops around 2005 and yet it still isn't ready for a public release - what would be the point of announcing a release date we don't know we'd be able to keep?

Q: ... must work together (about Amiga OS)
A: We do try to cooperate with AROS on fields of common interest.

You should really remember what people (you) are doing with computers these days....
Aslong as you don't plan to play any current game of run scientific SW even the smallest netbook will be plenty fast.
A MacMini1.5, PowerBook1.67 or even a PowerMac at 1.8 or more GHz is atleast as fast as such a netbook and we don't even have gone into the lands of the G5.
I'm quite certain that my iMac will carry me to several more years of MorphOS-use without problerm (assuming it ever gets officiall supported and doesn't break offcourse).
ARM might be nice for the ultra-portable niche (as in Genesi's smartbook) but if someone would get into doing an ADB-driver we might get that area to in the form of the 12" iBook.
Lets face it lack of fast-enough-HW has never been a main problem for MorphOS, not even in the times of the Peg1.....

http://www.morphzone.org/modules/newbb_ ... 30&forum=3
« Ultima modifica: 01 Gennaio 1970, 02:00:00 da Guest »
MorphOS 3.9-PowerMac G5 && PowerMac G4 FW800 && PowerBook G4 && Pegasos2 G4 //AmigaOS4.x //IcAROS x86 //- A4k 060- MacIntel/powerpc - x86/x64/powerpc servers -

Tags: