Sometimes we need a break from the usual stuff we do, we need fresh air or at least something to let the creativity spark to shine again.
It’s almost 2 month that I’m working on an RPG with some ideas running on my mind since last year, I’ve started doing it with Hollywood, as usual, but my soul was not really happy because this project couldn’t run on real Amiga, I mean at least an Amiga 1200!
To reach this target I had two options to choose from: AmiBlitz or AMOS Professional. However having grown up with AMOS I found myself a bit lost with Amiblitz so, that’s it, I go back to my roots trying to code my RPG with AMOS Pro.
I started the project 3 times in a row because and RPG has many, many, data structures to handle and AMOS was offering only arrays… and I’ve to say that it was a hell!
So after a while I started again but instead of using arrays I used memory banks where I was storing all the needed data for each creature, item, spell, summon, etc…
Now the data structures are almost complete and I’ve started to work on the character creation screen.
For people interested in this project please follow me on Mastodon where I often post the progresses along with short videos & images, when big things are around I will post here as well.
For my Mastodon profile head your browser here:
https://mastodon.uno/@allanon and look for the latest video 🙂
I post there mostly in italian but Mastodon has a nice “translate” function that may help to undstand what I’m trying to say 🙂
You don’t need to register to see my posts.
Finally I have to say that coding in AMOS Pro it’s not easy when you are used to code using modern languages like Hollywood but, yeah, I must admit that I’m having fun like crazy 😛
Let me know what do you think!